21A Reading Reflection #2
The book I choose to read was called How To Fail At Almost Everything And Still Win Big, by Scott Adams. The general theme was focused more on lifestyle than ideas and concepts. The first book I read was more about technical and logistical concepts surrounding entrepreneurship, that book teaches you what it is to be an entrepreneur, but this one taught me how to be an entrepreneur. This book connected with the course, because it connected the practical, technical concepts we’ve been learning to lifestyle/ideological, self-improvement stuff. We haven’t touched on the self-improvement stuff in ENT yet, but I think this book covered it all well. If I had to design an exercise based on this book, it’d be to create a schedule and “work area” to help be productive. Since reading this book I started a 24-hour schedule every day, and it helped me be way more productive. The biggest surprise about this book was that Adams was a cartoon artist talking about entrepreneurship. I don’t know why, but I don’t see cartoon artists as entrepreneurial. I didn’t expect to enjoy a self-improvement book this much, I think that’s my “aha’ moment.
Comments
Post a Comment