30A- Final reflection

For me, I think the most formative experience was either the “finding your secret sauce” exercise or the prototypical customer exercise. The secret sauce exercise made me realize I’ve more resources than I had thought before, resources that I should be capitalizing on. I think that’s the most entrepreneurial lesson I’ve got from this course, that there's unorthodox and preexisting mediums to create. The prototypical customer exercise got me asking a lot of questions and working with surveys, I think the customer's opinion is very valuable and this exercise reflected that. I think the experience I’ll remember years later was Pryor's lecture on social capital, I thought it was really interesting to know the “good” connections that we want are the looser ones. I feel pretty accomplished writing this post and just completing this semester. I don’t see myself as an entrepreneur yet truthfully… I haven’t made anything yet, but I'm definitely on track to acquire the mindset.
My recommendation for students taking this course would be to choose your reading assignment carefully, pick something that interests you, and actually read it all the way through. I found the readings to all be very beneficial and interesting and want to actually finish the entire list someday.

The picture I’ve chosen to attach is from my recent trip to the state capitol to write a story about gun legislation. The article I wrote was recently published and it was my first journalistic experience with success, so I’m really proud of that.


Comments

  1. Hi Ty,
    I feel the same way about the "secret sauce" assignment; I never realized how many resources at my disposal that I hadn't taken advantage of. I also like your recommendation to pick a book that interests you. Only one of the books I read for this class actually deeply interested me, and so it was a lot easier to complete the reading reflection for it. I also was able to take more away from it than the others I read. I enjoyed reading your posts this semester, have a great summer!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts