15A- Figuring Out Buyer Behavior
My first interview was 50-year-old Patrick Livezey, a Walgreens manager and daily consumer of the news. My second was Isaac Price, a 19-year-old UF microbiology student who also consumes the news daily. My third was Khalia Brown, a 20-year-old UF journalism major. I choose Patrick as an “outlier” for my demographic, I was just interested in seeing his opinion, this product is still designed for younger people. When evaluating the alternatives, two out of the three interviews (both Khalia and Issac) said they receive newsletters in their email from Morning Brew (Isaac) and TheSkimm (Khalia). This was interesting because the key aspect of these newsletters is that they’re conversational. The style is the appeal for these. Patrick Livezey said he did not seek out an alternative and had just “accepted [ that is] the news.” All respondents additionally noted they would NOT subscribe to a paid version of the news. These customers don’t buy. Which makes sense— the objective of this project is to make effective news, not money. The product definitely should be online though, based on our target audience. These customers' “post-purchase evaluation” is the pride and information they get from their news source. Satisfaction is founded in understanding. Using this information, I understand now the product's strength is that its accessible and has merit. Monetization will be an issue, as none of the respondents were willing to subscribe to a source. I will need to research the style of these news sources they’ve mentioned.
Comments
Post a Comment