14A Halfway Reflection
1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
This course was actually more technical than I had assumed it would be. I’ve been reading a lot more local news since starting this course. I had already been in the habit of reading the news daily, but since the identifying opportunities activity, I’ve been more focused on local trends and enjoying the insight I get from reading these pieces.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
I really felt like ditching my idea after researching public opinion via a poll. This poll wasn’t for this course, I decided to do it just to see how people truly felt about the media as it is. The results were overwhelmingly negative and at that point, it seemed like the media was irredeemably ruined. But then I did more research on the middle ground consumer and decided the opportunity was still there, just a little different than I had imagined it to be.
A screenshot of some data from my survey.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset?
1. I’d advise students next semester to take the course very seriously and try and couple concepts with examples, there’s a lot of concepts and definitions and models that are useless if we don’t apply them.
2. The more you know, the less likely you are to doubt yourself. I found that reading the news daily, a multitude of books, and watching videos online gave me a broader sense of entrepreneurship and a sense of confidence going forth with my venture.
3. Getting in a schedule helped me be more productive and ambitious, having a time for everything and being able to account for it let me maximize my productivity and now I end up doing more in less time.

Hi! I think it is great that you decided to keep going with your topic despite getting discouraged. Sometimes all we need to do is research a little more and have a good attitude. As far as your tips to future students go, I think they are very accurate and definitely something students will need.
ReplyDelete