My entrepreneurship story
My first real run-in with entrepreneurship was when I organized
a community service project at my local state park. We constructed a series of
bike trails out of the phosphate dump in Alafia River State Park as part of a
larger initiative to get people in my area outdoors more. I was in charge of
everything from planning the project to fundraising. The results were
satisfying, we constructed 12 bridges and nearly 1.5 miles of trail. Although I
didn’t profit off this venture it was exciting getting to be in charge of a
project so unique. I also enjoyed problem-solving for the projects as the
problems arose.
I
enrolled in ENT 3003 because my major lacks employability. I am majoring in social science because I enjoy It, but want a more economically sensible way to
sustain my lifestyle. Ideally, this means innovation off of what I already do in
my field (political science) but at least I want to develop a way to understand
problems from multiple perspectives, as that’s what political scientists do—they
try to understand complex political problems using evidence they collect from people.
My first real run-in with entrepreneurship was when I organized
a community service project at my local state park. We constructed a series of
bike trails out of the phosphate dump in Alafia River State Park as part of a
larger initiative to get people in my area outdoors more. I was in charge of
everything from planning the project to fundraising. The results were
satisfying, we constructed 12 bridges and nearly 1.5 miles of trail. Although I
didn’t profit off this venture it was exciting getting to be in charge of a
project so unique. I also enjoyed problem-solving for the projects as the
problems arose.
I
enrolled in ENT 3003 because my major lacks employability. I am majoring in social science because I enjoy It, but want a more economically sensible way to
sustain my lifestyle. Ideally, this means innovation off of what I already do in
my field (political science) but at least I want to develop a way to understand
problems from multiple perspectives, as that’s what political scientists do—they
try to understand complex political problems using evidence they collect from people.
Attached below is a picture of some of the trails and bridges we made at Alafia River State Park. 
Comments
Post a Comment